Sunday, November 29, 2009

New Beginnings

I haven't curled up with a good fantasy book in years. I tested out of college freshman English while I was in high school, and I got my degree in business, so my reading at the time, while extensive and oftentimes exhausting, was limited to the likes of textbooks, case studies, and news magazine.

It was a "practical" time for me. Doing well in school and attempting to secure some sort of a financially stable future was at the top of my priority list at the time, and amidst my juggling of school and work, I found little motivation to find books or authors to warm up to during what little spare time I had. Now that school is done and I am feeling more settled into my post-university life, I find myself wanting to once again dance in and out of the imaginary tales and worlds found in our bookstores and libraries.

This blog and its very first post represent a new start for me. In this personal little corner of the Internet, I plan to chronicle my rediscovery of the magic of the written word and the enrapturing, didactic, and occasionally transcendent, nature of a good story. I will describe the books I read, and provide my own commentary, insights, and inspirations. Who knows? Maybe I'll share a bit of my own storytelling, once I feel like I have something worth sharing.

I hope you who visit this place will not only enjoy the journey, but help steer its course. I'm always on the lookout for recommendations of good books to read. My preference is for fantasy literature, so bear in mind that that genre (vast as it is) will be my focus.

Let's begin, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment