Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Props (but not a book deal) from a literary agent

So, a very off-topic post, but literary agent Nathan Bransford just posted about Apple’s tablet device (to be announced tomorrow), and gave me a nod for tipping him off to Amazon’s new revenue-sharing model with authors as the book giant's pre-emptive response to Apple's anticipated author/publisher split. I'm credited at the end of the second paragraph. No, that's not another Brandon. Promise!

Bless his heart! That totally made my day!

Okay, you are allowed to laugh at me now. :)

9 comments:

  1. WOW, I'm so lucky to be the sister of someone so famous! :) Nice work on keeping us all informed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've officially arrived! Why didn't he link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read that and saw Brandon and immediately thought of you and then thought, nah. Nice work, I'll be sitting on the edge of my seat tomorrow to find out the news. Okay, I won't but I'll look here for updates. Btw, check my blog tomorrow morning, there'll be something there for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather: Eh, I didn't post about the Amazon thing on my blog. I just emailed Mr. Bransford through his website. It was nice getting the recognition, though. I totally was not expecting it!

    @Jon: Haha, I'm flattered you even thought of me! And I can't wait to see what you have in store for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty cool. Great reinforcement for putting yourself out there. Bransford does things well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so my plan was to post the thing I said you needed to check out really early, but apparently my computer has morning issues and just couldn't catch up with me. So, if you've been checking my blog every ten minutes (Ha!) and you've been confused...the thing that I mentioned is finally there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You da man, Jon! Thanks for the e-props. It's even better than Mr. Bransford's nod. Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, it's only a matter of time before I'm saying "I knew him when..."

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, you're too kind, Elana. Or a meanie. Hard to tell over the Internet. :) JK!

    ReplyDelete